Guidelines for Facebook Marketing
Facebook is one of the largest social media platforms in the entire world. Approximately 1.5 billion people are active members of Facebook and everyday almost 60% of these users log in. So, if you are starting up a business and looking for a source of marketing then you just cannot ignore Facebook at all. But, before getting started with marketing on Facebook, you must have some idea regarding how to utilize this platform in the best possible way.
Best part about Facebook is that you can target the exact type of people you are looking for your business. You can even target by demographics, location and interests. This can actually save you a lot of time and energy since only the potential customers are targeted for your marketing. There are three most important tools such as ads, groups and pages that can be helpful for marketing.
Tips To Do Marketing On Facebook
- Facebook pages are like profile, which are used by public figures, businesses and organizations. These are the easiest and simplest way to do marketing in Facebook. If a Facebook user likes a page then he will receive all the updates from that particular page in their news feed. Also, one gets an option to only like a page but not follow it. In case of a profile, you have to be added as a friend to get updates whereas pages can be liked by any random user and there is no need for any permission from the page owner to follow it.
- Usually in a profile, one cannot have more than 5000 friends whereas a page has no restriction for the number of people following or liking it. Pages are incredibly flexible that can be created very easily and you do not have to pay anything for it which makes it very cost effective for marketing. You must use your profile photo as your logo. And for uploading a cover photo, you can put photos of fancy artwork or some details related to your business. You must ensure that whatever photo you choose, it should be able to attract the attention of anyone who visits your page.
- The “About” section which can be seen prominently below the company logo. This is a good chance for you to tell about your business and what it does to anyone who visits your page. You must not forget to mention how your business is different from all your competitors and all other interesting information. Also, fill up the “Basic Info” with all your data.
- Prefer to keep it informal and friendly. Casual tone is the best way to communicate on Facebook. You can also use tabs like photos and likes. You should decide first what all tabs you want for your visitors. For example, if you own a physical store then you can have a tab for location. You can use an Event tab for allowing people to sign up or join if you are hosting a webinar.
- Social media is all about engaging with your fans which can boost the marketing of your business. Try to be very informative and post useful information on your wall which will be visible to everyone who follows or likes your page. Avoid posting endless updates on the same topic and try not to post too many updates so that your fans do not get bored.
- You can post links to articles which are usually related to your company or blog posts of your official website. Also, posting coupon codes for fans can be a great idea too. If your business launches some new products, you can announce it too.
- Facebook is one of the best platforms for advertising your business. You can create ads targeting particular ages, geographic areas, education levels etc. Users are allowed to like an advertisement or close ads if they do not like it. For posting an ad, you might need to spend some extra bucks.
- Facebook groups are just like any other discussion forum but with some extra features that profiles and pages have. You can easily create a group for marketing your product or business. This can be an effective way to reach out to the potential clients. These groups are created for free and it usually involves high levels of engagement.